Please follow these steps to re-program your RF remote if it looses communication with the DIRECTV receiver or if you have to replace it with a new one.
With the buttons on the front panel of the DIRECTV receiver:
Push the menu button, scroll down to "Settings & Help", push select.
Arrow to the right and highlight the "Settings" logo , push select.
Arrow down to "Remote" , push select.
Arrow down to "Advanced", push select .
- Arrow down to "IR/RF Setup", push select
- The screen will read "Remote Type" "IR or RF". If it currently reads "RF", change it to read "IR", arrow over, push select on "Continue".
- Follow the directions on this page, then exit.
- Repeat steps 1-5. Now change "Remote Type" "IR or RF" to "RF", arrow over, push select on "Continue"
- Follow the directions on this page. Once you have the remote communicating again, you can hit exit so the menu will go away.
- Your remote should now be programmed to operate only the DIRECTV receiver that the process was performed.